ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Comments on bylaws
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:34:40 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Random thoughts ...
>
>> A Committer is considered emeritus by their own declaration or by
>> not contributing in any form to the project for over four months
>
> I vaguely recall six months 8-).  Not that I see any problem in four,
> just curious why you've changed it.
>
> I appreciate that you've left out any automatic promotion from
> committer to PMC member, even vaguely hinted ones like "typically
> happens after six months".

I would preffer it qualified as "six months of active contributions".
( instead of just six months since he becomes committer ). I would
include the time before becomming committer.

Contribution = code, review, docs, mailing list

> Which kind of vote would require consensus?  Adoption of a new
> codebase as subproject (something the bylaws do not cover yet, not
> that I think that's bad).

AFAIK adopting a codebase is a majority decision in jakarta.

I personally preffer we define "consensus" as 2/3 - instead of unanimity.
Removing a PMC member or breaking a veto or changing the charter should be
done with a 2/3 vote, and I would add a requirement on asking for board
feedback.

Costin