ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Import basedir
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:00:19 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> So, what do you think - keep it simple :-)

Good argument. You almost convinced me.

There is only once concern I still have - "keep advanced/harder things
possible". I see no way to support the use case that actually
get me into this issue.

If I import a file - I just can't reffer to files relative to the imported
file. Even if I use absolute paths - there is no way to construct them,
unless the location of the imported file is not available.

But I'll try to see how this can work: let the import be simple, and
use "basedir.PROJECT_NAME" and rewrite all the build files to use this.
Probably I'll need some way to hack that so the build files will still
work with 1.5.

Costin