ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Classloader.java
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:12:00 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> costin@apache.org wrote:
>> costin      2002/12/23 17:27:45
>>
>>   Added:       src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Classloader.java
>>   Log:
>>   Add the <classloader> task.
>>

> Costin,
>
> I'm -1 on this task if it retains the ability to disregard the classloader
> hierarchy (i.e. continued support for reverse or parentFirst operation).
> It just causes too many Linkage errors and other mysterious failures.

I know that pretty well ( reverse loader is required by 2.3+ servlet spec -
one of the biggest mistakes IMHO ).

There are some cases where a reverse loader will help, and is actually
needed.

Is your -1 on "global  non-delegate behavior", or also on support for
parentFirst for individual packages ?

Costin