ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Import use cases, basedir behavior and target, property prefixing
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:43:32 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> Anyway, I smell a religiour war comming and I really do not want to get
> into that. ;-)

I don't either.

Use case 1 is what I need and why I worked on import in the first place.
I don't like "if I don't need something, the use case is invalid" attitude.
I don't care about use case 2, but I understand some other people need
it.

(1) may not work for n arbitrary projects - but I'm pretty sure it will
work for the 4-5 components of tomcat and few of the commons components
that are used. And <ant> is too limited for that.
If some small changes will be need in the build files - that's fine,
as long as they work both imported and standalone.

I'll wait for things to cool down - and if they do and use case 1 is still
on the table, I'll try to implement what I proposed earlier - attach a
"Source" object to each UnknownElement, with base and all the extra info.

Costin