ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Improt task and project basedir
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:15:29 GMT
Alexey Solofnenko wrote:

> I have written an ANT pre-processor that supports "smart" includes with
> support of rebasing properties and paths, and renaming properties and
> targets to avoid clashes. It supports recursive includes, so build files
> can reference each others properties and targets. It is also possible to
> generate some includes with a script and overwrite targets in other build
> files. I will ask my boss for permission to publish the code.

I think it would be more usefull to contribute informations about your
use cases.
We (hopefully) agreed on adding <import>, now the question is "What's the
cleanest and simplest default behavior". We can tune it with attributes,
but if a user just types:
 <import file="foo/bar.xml" />
we need to know how to resolve the relative paths.

What's the behavior in your preprocessor ?

Costin