ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: No default target
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 07:15:20 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> What is the expected output of
>
> <project>
>    <echo message="Called"/>
> </project>
>
> Currently I get
>
> Buildfile: src/etc/testcases/core/topleveltasks/nodefault.xml
>       [echo] Called
>       [echo] Called
>
> I expected either one "Called" or an error.
>
> I can't reproduce this in a testcase - there it is only produced once so I
> guess this is something to do with the pseudo target introduced for
> top-level tasks somehow becoming the default.

When ProjectHelper2 was started, the main branch didn't required a default.
This was rolled back in main. The behavior is clearly broken - the top
level should be executed only once.

The easiest fix is to add back the requirement for a default target. But
that would mean that projects with only top-level tasks won't work.
Do we want to keep the required  default ?

Costin