ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Antlib... when?
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:30:00 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> Before we go back and forth until kingdom comes with this ,
> why don't we take a look at the already exiting proposals
> (already implemented) and forgeting the details of the particular
> implementations, take a look at the features they offer and
> decide whether they are good/bad, or whether they cover or not
> what we expect of <antlib>.
>
> Several of the issues exposed here like what to do about redefining
> tasks and so on where addressed on the proposal in the /antlib/ which
> I wrote.
>
> I know the architecture is now qute diferent so it is not ablut the code
> but about the functionality.

It should be quite easy to update it - you no longer need most of the
hacks, just a simple ComponentHelper.

My primary concern with this particular proposal - the XML descriptor.
I'm fine with it as long as a simple antlib is also supported, using
.properties.

There is also the issue of automatic loading of antlibs versus explicit
declaration. At least Conor and me ( convinced by Conor ) expressed
a preference to explicit.

Costin