ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Release Plans
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:23:11 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> I don't think there should be much in the way of other major structural
> changes in the core for this release. There will of course be continuing
> bug fixes to core and tasks as always. I would, however, like to put a
> fair bit of effort into trying out and testing these new features to make
> sure they work as we want them to before committing them to a release. I
> think there are probably a few interesting interactions we need to sort
> out :-)

We also need agreement and more feedback on the APIs - the PropertyHelper
is probably the one that needs most attention.

Should we add a similar mechanism to IntrospectionHelper and do a similar
change for references ( ReferenceHelper ? ) ? Project would remain with
target management and just delegate all other functionality.

> As for timeframes, I'd try for the 1.5.2 release by end January and a 1.6
> release by end May, maybe earlier.

We also need few milestones / alpha / beta. I am hoping to have an 1.6M1 (
or alpha ) in January.
For the final release - if we are to set a target, why not the
classical "before Java One" ( when all cool things are announced ) :-)
End May is fine too.

Costin