ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Iyad Elayyan" <Iyad.Elay...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: ant task calling subprojects
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:53:08 GMT
yes, I believe you did. all what you mentioned can be supported with new
attributes without breaking compatibility. no? in anycase I don't feel
strongly about the subject. thanks for considering my point of view.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 12:28 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: ant task calling subprojects

----- Original Message -----
From: "Iyad Elayyan" <Iyad.Elayyan@oracle.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 10:17

> thanks for your reply,
> Steve L brought subant to my attention, my point was <ant> task is already
> there and it's supposed to call subprojects in that fashion, so instead of
> adding another abscurely named task we modify <ant> without breaking it's
> back compatibility, which is what I provided.

I recall in my email directly to you that I argued in favour of subant,
precisely because we can be incompatible in interesting ways:

-have different defaults for inheritance
-map target="" to default target
-add a failonerror
-add the ability to specify a list of targets, in order, maybe with their
own 'ifpresent' and failonerror attrs.