ant-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject RE: Improt task and project basedir
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:00:48 GMT
I have written an ANT pre-processor that supports "smart" includes with
support of rebasing properties and paths, and renaming properties and
targets to avoid clashes. It supports recursive includes, so build files can
reference each others properties and targets. It is also possible to
generate some includes with a script and overwrite targets in other build
files. I will ask my boss for permission to publish the code.

- Alexey.

-----Original Message-----
From: Costin Manolache [mailto:cmanolache@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 7:08 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Improt task and project basedir

Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> Do you really think I can get the buildfiles of lets say 5 different
> jakarta projects and just import all of them on my build file and then
> with a few additional main targets being able to build all those projects
> on one go?

Why not ?

Maybe not any 5 different projects - but at least for the 4-5 tomcat
components, most commons, etc. Maybe with small changes.

> What about clashes on property names? Are we going to have separte names
> spaces for properties declared in different import files? How would I
> access properties fro imported build files then.

Property names - clashes are desirable :-) ( i.e. same naming conventions
for locating .jars, paths, etc ).

For targets - we already rewrite then on conflict. That's where some
changes may be needed in the build files.

I'm not sure I understood your proposal for basedir - you disagree with
using the imported file basedir as default, but I fail to see what
alternative you propose and what use case.

Costin