ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Iyad Elayyan" <ielayyan2...@hotmail.com>
Subject modification to Ant.java to support subporjects
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 05:28:35 GMT
Hi ant-dev,

I modified the <ant> task to add a srcDir attribute which is a path of
subprojects to go through and build. I maintained compatibility with the dir
attribute. below is an example and attached is my modification, would you be
kind to include this in the next release.

PS. remember we talked about this and I just got around to actually doing
it. also I lost your email id and I wasn't getting any response from
ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org.

| Iyad Elayyan, x72374
| j2eedev_us
| Oracle Corporation
common.xml
~~~~~~~~~~
    <path id="all.src.path">
        <pathelement location="subproject1"/>
        <pathelement location="subproject2"/>
        <pathelement location="subproject3"/>
    </path>
    <property name="all.src.path" refid="all.src.path" />

build.xml
~~~~~~~~~
<!DOCTYPE project [<!ENTITY common SYSTEM "file:./common.xml">]>

<project name="src" default="all" basedir=".">

    &common;

    <!-- ===================================================================
-->
    <!-- call clean on subprojects
-->
    <!-- ===================================================================
-->
    <target name="clean">
      <ant srcDir="${all.src.path}" target="clean"/>
    </target>

    <!-- ===================================================================
-->
    <!-- call compile on subprojects
-->
    <!-- ===================================================================
-->
    <target name="compile">
      <ant srcDir="${all.src.path}" target="compile"/>
    </target>

    <!-- ===================================================================
-->
    <!-- call jar on subprojects
-->
    <!-- ===================================================================
-->
    <target name="jar">
      <ant srcDir="${all.src.path}" target="jar"/>
    </target>

-->
    <!-- call all on subprojects
-->
-->
    <target name="all">
      <ant srcDir="${all.src.path}" target="all"/>
    </target>

</project>