ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [ANTidote] Introspection implemented and updated ToDo's
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:54:35 GMT
On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 09:35  AM, Christoph Wilhelms wrote:
> Hi ALL!
>
> I hope there is still some "ANTidote-Audience" listening ;). I've just
> replaced the DTD-Defined Elements and Attributes by an Ant-Standard
> introspection mechanism. Sorry, Nick, Craig and Erik: The DTD's aren't
> necessary anymore IMHO. Have a look! Oh, and don't panic: I did not
> delete
> the DTD-Stuff. It's just unused ATM.

No apologies necessary - but I think you'll find that you might want
richer information about the tasks than you'll get with
IntrospectionHelper.  For example:

- Do you know the name mappings of the tasks?  If you are looking in
default.properties then you do, but some of those task mappings in
there are deprecated.  My metadata will tell you which those are.

- Do you get the descriptions of the attributes/elements?  With the
proposal/xdocs you do.

- Will you be able to tell which attributes/elements are required?
With proposal/xdocs you'll get that information (if we are rigorous
about defining it).

- for EnumeratedAttribute's - are you getting the values allowed?  This
would be easy for you to implement if you haven't already, but
proposal/xdocs gives you that information.

- Will you be able to plug in other task libraries that are outside of
Ant and get all of the above information too?  Thats the plan with
proposal/xdocs.

In other words - IntrospectionHelper is great - proposal/xdocs uses it
- but its not enough information, I don't think.

Thoughts?

	Erik