ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Inger, Matthew" <in...@Synygy.com>
Subject echo and filesets
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:25:07 GMT
Would it be possible (i would even be willing to write the code) to
extend the echo task so that it could take a fileset argument?  And
it would either echo the fileset to the standard output area, or to
the file specified in the command?

ie.

<fileset id="myFs" dir="src" includes="**/*.java" />

<echo file="fileList.txt">
  <fileset refid="myFs" />
</echo>

Reason i ask is that right now, we are using the exec command
and specifying an output file for a "cmd.exe /c dir /s /b *.java" command to
get the filelist.  I'd rather do it in a more os independent manner.

Once we have the file, we're passing the filename to the <ajc>
(aspect java compiler) for processing.  It uses the contents of
this file to actually build the project (it needs all java file names
to completely aspect and produce appropriate class files).

http://www.aspectj.org  for more info on aspectj