ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [ANTidote] Introspection implemented and updated ToDo's
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 01:56:02 GMT
Erik's XDoclet thing *does* bring a solution, in fact :)

The code calls the appropriate method in EnumeratedAttribute classes to
get the list of allowed values and then puts them in the XML
descriptor, currently as a comma-separated list with quotes around each
value, but more ideally would be sub-elements that lists them
individually to avoid tools having to parse further.  My original
purpose was documentation, not tools, so there will be refinements like
this needed.

Check out build/gen/utility/echo.xml, and the briefType on the 'level'
attribute element (boy does that sound confusing!) [this after running
the build from the proposal/xdocs directory].

	Erik