ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: XDoclet and Ant descriptor generation
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 00:20:55 GMT
On Sunday, January 5, 2003, at 06:44  PM, Nick Chalko wrote:
> Erik Hatcher wrote:

>>> Why not  * @antdoc.example  snippet="<foo />"
>>> *                               description="Generates a default bar"
>>>          Lets keep as much as possible in the the source file.
>>

>> Because its a real pain to HTML encode all the <> symbols and its
>> much easier to have an external file with samples clearly formatted
>> and styled in HTML I believe.
>
> Won't xodlet handle the xml excaping for us.  If not we should patch
> xdoclet.

We still need to keep Javadoc clean so that API documentation does not
suffer.  And putting unescaped angle brackets in Javadoc is not quite
legal (it works, but it interprets it as HTML in the default output).

I'm not sure if XDoclet escapes or not... if so its an optional switch
that I've not used.

Don't worry, if XDoclet won't do something we need it to do, and we can
change it without problems on that end, consider it done.  I have the
power!

	Erik

p.s. Many thanks to Aslak who earlier today patched XDoclet to allow
"public void method() {};" syntax to pass through its parser - even
though that syntax is against the Java spec BNF, yet all compilers
allow it, so XDoclet might as well too.