ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: Import use cases, basedir behavior and target, property prefixing
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:23:22 GMT
> From: Nick Chalko [mailto:nick@chalko.com]
>
> Claas Thiele wrote:
>

> > For (2) imported functionality would be used in the context of the
> > import (the subproject). The basedir should be set to
> import context.
>
> I do not think (2) is a usecase for import.  I think it is better
> handled by the "ant" task.

I agree with this. There may be certaintly cases where buildfiles can be just used
but I fail to see what is this big volume of buildfiles that out of the sudden will
be available for reuse.

Can someone post a real example of importing lets say 3 different buildfiles
from 3 different jakarta projects being able to do something meaningful with the
combine buildfile? No modifictions of the original files allowed :-0

> we already have ant.file.<project.name>   Which is the
> complete path to
> the imported file.   The <dirname > task will already strip
> off the file
> name part.

Basedir is not necessarily the same as the directory where the project file is.
These are different concepts and I thought basedir.<project.name> had been added
for just that use.

Jose Alberto