ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: FilterChain is there a regexp?
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:06:47 GMT
There are several things that would be nice to have as filters:

	<replaceregexp>
	<anakia>

The point being that maybe we can figure out some sort of adaptor
that would allows (a slightly modified version of these tasks) to be
used as filters. The current arquitecture of filters needing to be a
subclass of FilterReader(?) makes this a little complicated that is why
I am thinking on an Adaptor.

So maybe we can have something like this:

	Task may implement an interface called Transformer (or something)
	with methods to chain the input and output.

	The filter chain adaptor element allows tasks to be specified inside
	use the <sequential> pattern. It requires all its tasks to implement Transformer.
	it will then chain all of them.

Presto, we can use many of our already existing tasks as Filters.

I live the details for the general discussion ;-)

Jose Alberto