ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: Improt task and project basedir
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:16:45 GMT
OK, how is the code suppose to know if something has to be
resolved based on the local basedir or the global one?

How does the user makes certain the correct choices are being taken?
What happens if I do:

	ant -f build.xml -Dbasedir=mynewdir

would this affect only build.xml or also the imported buildfiles?

With respect to XSLT, the correct comparison is with the use of
the document() function and in that case you have to pass as part of
the call a parameter used to indicate which base to use when resolving
the filename of the document.

In other words we need to be able to say ${basedir}/a/b meaning the local ${basedir} and to
say ${basedir}/a/b meaning the global basedir AND
${basedir}/a/b meaning the ${basedir} of some other imported file
(there is no reason why the imported cannot access thing from the
imported projects). This is why ${basedir.projname} is needed.

Of course, if for every file we need to write fullpaths then the whole
purpose of the resolvers is kind of defeated.

Jose Alberto