ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: Antlib... when?
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:54:57 GMT

The main issue with this is that it needs to support declaring tasks
and datatypes, so a simple .properties would not do.

On the otherhand, the proposal came with a nice <antjar> task that could
be made to generate the XML for you based on some simpler description.
So it does not have to be dificult.

> There is also the issue of automatic loading of antlibs
> versus explicit
> declaration. At least Conor and me ( convinced by Conor ) expressed
> a preference to explicit.

To me the reason for automatic loading is to allow ANT core itself
to use and <antlib> to load. I would hate having two different mechanisms
one for core and one for non-core. Whether the autoload libraries
are "discovered" or explicitly mentioned somewhere is a separate issue.

Jose Alberto