ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Log names ( for c-l ) was: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/listener CommonsLoggingListener.java
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:15:59 GMT
Costin - it would probably be a good idea to keep the naming
conventions the same between the raw Log4jListener and the
CommonsLoggingListener - although Log4JListener has been out for much
longer and perhaps folks are relying on the category names used by it
and would be upset for it changing?

Thoughts?

It would be more awkward to have them be different between the two, in
case someone wants to bump up to the CommonsLoggingListener - or so it
seems?

Either way, its no big deal to me since I don't really use either on a
regular basis and the category names are easily changed if we do happen
to affect them for someone.

	Erik