ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <>
Subject Re: Comments on bylaws
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:31:50 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Random thoughts ...
>>A Committer is considered emeritus by their own declaration or by
>>not contributing in any form to the project for over four months
> I vaguely recall six months 8-).  Not that I see any problem in four,
> just curious why you've changed it.

No real reason - just thought 4 months was sufficient to indicate a lack of
interest - can be six without issues for me. httpd is six months - I'll
change it.

> Do we want to state something like "votes are open for at least 72
> hours (a week)"?

I think we can say a week. I don't think such a time limit would apply to a
-1 for a code change, however (not suggesting that you do, BTW).

> Which kind of vote would require consensus?  Adoption of a new
> codebase as subproject (something the bylaws do not cover yet, not
> that I think that's bad).

Removal of PMC member or committer requires consensus of all other PMC
members. I think this is OK

Adoption of codebase should be majority vote, IMHO, - perhaps 2/3 majority,
to ensure project stability. Consensus for that sort of decision is a pretty
tall order.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message