ant-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <k...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: JMX Weblogic Stop Task
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:15:23 GMT
Alban Peignier wrote:

>I've found the same workaround. .. but I doesn't need to fork :
>
>--- build.xml part ---
>  <target name="test.main" depends="prepare, prepare.classpath, test.check">
>    <java classname="Main" classpathref="classpath">
>      <arg line="--server ${server}"/>
>      <arg line="--password ${password}"/>
>      <arg line="--url ${adminurl}"/>
>    </java>
>  </target>
>
>  <target name="test.task" depends="prepare, prepare.classpath, test.check">
>    <taskdef name="wljmxstop" classname="WLJMXStop"
>    classpathref="classpath" />
>    <wljmxstop username="system"  servername="${server}"
>    password="${password}"	       adminserverurl="${adminurl}"/>
>  </target>
>---
>
>The 'test.main' target works. The 'test.task' targt doesn't work.
>
>The BEA support is currently studying the problem.
>
>Alban

My experience (so far) has been that it would be easier to write a
facade task
which collects all the params (with the exact params you have in your
current
custom task) but then calls Java task methods underneath the covers.
But please let me know if BEA give you a better work around.  It would
really help me solve a similar problem I have been having.

Paul.