ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Possible ant regression?
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2003 23:13:36 GMT
Morgan Delagrange wrote:
> This may be related, if it's caused by the new Ant
> 1.2+ classloading.  The Ant taglib in Jelly started
> having problems as of the 1/24 Ant build:
>

> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=104360736921308&w=2
>
> For some reason, when Ant tries to instantiate its
> classloader, the JVM is throwing a NoSuchMethodError
> for the AntClassLoader2 constructor.  I'm having
> trouble figuring out why that's happening, or even how
> it could happen.
>
> - Morgan

Morgan,

Actually the problem is the lack of a zero arg constructor for AntClassLoader.

The only thing I can suggest here is that there is an old ant.jar (or
something containing the old version of the AntClassLoader.class) in your
classpath somewhere. The change that introduced AntClassLoader2 also added a
zero arg constructor to AntClassLoader. If you have an old ant.jar around,
the old version may be being picked up without the new zero arg constructor.

Conor