ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Import basedir
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:27:20 GMT

Costin Manolache wrote:
> Conor MacNeill wrote:
>
>>So, what do you think - keep it simple :-)
>
> Good argument. You almost convinced me.
>
> There is only once concern I still have - "keep advanced/harder things
> possible". I see no way to support the use case that actually
> get me into this issue.
>
> If I import a file - I just can't reffer to files relative to the imported
> file. Even if I use absolute paths - there is no way to construct them,
> unless the location of the imported file is not available.

<dirname property="imported.dir" file="ant.file.importedprojectname"/>

This is why I asked it to be included 8-)

> But I'll try to see how this can work: let the import be simple, and
> use "basedir.PROJECT_NAME" and rewrite all the build files to use this.

We did it with Centipede projects and it basically fills all our needs.

One thing that we would appreciate is the possibility of prefixing all
imported properties-tasks-classpaths-etc (all things created in the
import) with something to prevent clashes. Maybe namespace?

> Probably I'll need some way to hack that so the build files will still
> work with 1.5.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -