ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ReferenceHelper - interceptor
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:44:17 GMT

Wannheden, Knut wrote:
> Sounds interesting,
>
> Do you have some kind of stable release of Ant with the embed proposal
> integrated for Centipede?  Or what version of Ant and Embed do you use?

We are now using CVS HEAD of Ant, and it works well.

> The
> reason I'm askin is because I'd like to start using the PropertyHelper
> feature.  I've actually used something like that already, but I've
> implemented the property resolution for my own custom Tasks only.

The easiest solution IMHO is to download Centipede and install it as it
were ant (ANT_HOME and the bin dir in the path). It comes with prebuilt
ant, embed, and other goodies like ant-contrib. Oh, by doing this you
can also use centipede with its other features too if you want, or
simply keep using it as a supercharged Ant distro.

http://www.krysalis.org/centipede

             - verba volant, scripta manent -