ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Bzip, tar, zip, etc
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:10:47 GMT

Ant has packages for zip, bzip and tar stuff. Really?
Ok, I know you all know.  ;-)

The point is that some of these packages IIUC were copied in Avalon repo
as indipendent packages, and then since they were not in scope I put
them in commons sandbox, and now we are deprecating the avalon versions.

Now, we have asked some time back, "why not let Ant use the commons

Gump... blah blah blah... bootstrap... blah blah blah...

Now that they have been put in commons for some time, it's quite evident
that there, they are dead.

So, the solution seems simply to make these separate jars and make them
available also separately from Ant.

Ant keeps them, they are maintained, and we get separate jars to use in
other projects.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>