ant-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <k...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: proposed patch to ANT SQL task (response & Jalopy config request)
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 00:40:05 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Paul King <king@asert.com.au> wrote:
>

>For the JDBC drivers I have used so far, one could always encode the
>properties inside the URL, but a more explicit way may be better, I
>agree.
>

>>And I can support properties:
>>
>>    properties="weblogic.server.url=t3://localhost:7001;weblogic.jdbc.datasource=Testing-ageapp-AgeDS"
>>

>rather than using a whatever-delimited String, I'd use nested
>elements:

I'll see if I can support both.  The above style works well for me
because I have to pass the
string in to my client programs using a filter anyway and this is the
format the client programs need.

>>I haven't checked that my code meets any style guidelines at this
>>point
>>

>You should 8-) Looks as if you were in violation of the no-tabs rule.

Does anyone have a pretty printer (Jalopy?) set up with the formatting
part of the
coding style already configured?

>>I also wanted to support datasources directly
>>

>Not going into code details here - Ant is supposed to work on JDK 1.1,
>so we may very well get into trouble when we require features that are
>not available there.

OK, I'll scrap that idea for now - perhaps it belongs in a separate
optional <SQLDS>
or similar tag in the future.