ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Garacci <>
Subject signjar task OutOfMemoryError
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:14:05 GMT
I did a little investigation into this, i.e. I did a cvs checkout of the
source, and noticed that someone added a "maxmemory" attribute to
SignJar on 12/23.

<hat style="manager">
    I did not, however, find a bug entry for this.  Not yet having
contributed to an open source project, is it standard practice for the
opensource community to just submit code fixes without recording
bug/enhancement entries in bugzilla?  On projects I have been on in the
past, as my current project, we submit enhancement entries such that
changes like this can be logged.

<hat style="qa">
    Why was the attribute not named "memoryMaximumSize" as it was for
javac for consistancy purposes?
    Why was a "memoryMinimumSize" attribute not added, again for
    Why was the Java class attribute not made all lower case to match
the rest of the source in the file?

Regardless, is there anyway to check on the status of this fix and its
possible inclusion in 1.5.2 or 1.6?

P.S. Sorry about the <hat> tags, the person that suggested that has been sacked.