ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Garacci <...@wi.rr.com>
Subject signjar task OutOfMemoryError
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:14:05 GMT
I did a little investigation into this, i.e. I did a cvs checkout of the
source, and noticed that someone added a "maxmemory" attribute to
SignJar on 12/23.

<hat style="manager">
    I did not, however, find a bug entry for this.  Not yet having
contributed to an open source project, is it standard practice for the
opensource community to just submit code fixes without recording
bug/enhancement entries in bugzilla?  On projects I have been on in the
past, as my current project, we submit enhancement entries such that
changes like this can be logged.
</hat>

<hat style="qa">
    Why was the attribute not named "memoryMaximumSize" as it was for
javac for consistancy purposes?
    Why was a "memoryMinimumSize" attribute not added, again for
consistancy?
    Why was the Java class attribute not made all lower case to match
the rest of the source in the file?
</hat>

Regardless, is there anyway to check on the status of this fix and its
possible inclusion in 1.5.2 or 1.6?

Thanks,

-Jim

P.S. Sorry about the <hat> tags, the person that suggested that has been sacked.