ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs XmlProperty.java
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:04:34 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jan 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Actually I think that it fixes a bug, rather than be a RFE, since it
>>aligns behaviour with the normal property task.
>
> The same has been said about <ant>'s inheritall="false", but still
> we've kept the "buggy" behavior as the default.

Ok.

I don't see though what feature can be attained from "relying" on the
XmlProperty failing for file not existing. Can you please post a
use-case to compare with mine?

<!--
     Apache Ant own build file

    Copyright (c) 2000-2003 The Apache Software Foundation.  All rights
    reserved.

-->
<project default="main" basedir=".">

   <!-- Give user a chance to override without editing this file
        (and without typing -D each time it compiles it) -->
   <property file=".ant.properties"/>
   <property file="${user.home}/.ant.properties"/>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -