ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Improt task and project basedir
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 08:27:23 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> This seem to be a not so simple issue.

Indeed. As I've thought about it more, I wonder what we should be doing
here. All the other tasks in the imported build file will be resolving
relative to the basedir of the importing build, not the build in which they
are defined. Is that good? I feel it may cause some problems, some
unexpected behaviour.

Perhaps we need to examine the use cases for imported builds. I'm sure
Nicola Ken will tell me some :-)

If the imported files need to be designed apriori to be importable, then
perhaps we should use a different container element for them. <importable>
instead of <project> and leave the basedir out of it.

Conor