ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: The zip update problem
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 08:24:17 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> (1) don't fix it in the 1.5 branch at all.

-1, this issue is biting a lot of people judging by comments on
ant-user/ant-dev and the number of votes the bugs receive on BugZilla
(That's right folks, it is worth using your votes on BugZilla)

> (2) delay 1.5.2 until we are happy with a general fix.

+1. 1.5.1 is 3 months old now so I don't think we have to stick to a 1.5.2
deadline that is really artificial. MHO would be to get this done in
whatever time it takes, release 1.5.2 and then call 1.5 done.

> (3) fix it in the 1.5 branch using cut'n'paste and private methods and
> hacks and such (so that we don't add any public API that needs to be
> supported in the future) and get it right in 1.6.

I'd be happier to do it right, first up and save the hack work. There are
some work arounds being suggested with <touch> which may serve in the interim.

All MHO.
Conor