ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - smoketest
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:47:43 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Jan 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Errr, so it's a bug, right?
>
> I think so.  At least the code should check for null.
>
>>I'm confused, how can I know if a class can be loaded if I can't get
>>a classloader?  8-?
>
> If Class.getClassLoader is null, the classloader is the system
> classloader, i.e. you'd use Class.forName.
>
> IIRC the VMs I've encountered that could return null in
> Class.getClassLoader have either been 1.1 VMs or written by IBM.

from the posted message it was:

compile-src:
      [echo] Compiling project core with Java 1.4, debug on,
             optimize off, deprecation on

Quirky to say the least... Costin, any idea about *why* this happens.

we can do as Stefan says, it check for null and do a Class.forname, but
I' really like to understand why it happens if possible.
I have no clue myself. :-(

             - verba volant, scripta manent -