ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Release Plans
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 03:18:32 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jan 2003, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
> wrote:
>

>>I think there is broad agreement on a 1.5.2 release pretty soon.
>

> Why?  Are there any serious bugs that we've already fixed here?  There
> are about 15 fixed bugs compared to 1.5.1, but nothing big IMHO.

Ah, OK, I remember seeing 1.5.2 being thrown about and thought there would
be movement there soon - my mistake.

This does make me wonder, however, why we are continuing to work on 1.5
branch at all. If the bug fixes are not critical, why not call 1.5 done and
work on getting 1.6 done with those fixes in place.

Either that or we decide there are some things to fix that would warrant a
1.5.2 release and focus on getting that done. The jar update bug has a lot
of votes :-)

Thoughts?

Conor