ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Chalko <n...@chalko.com>
Subject Re: Nightly Builds
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 01:11:59 GMT
A batch  file is a good way to start.  but you will soon find that you
need more than a simle batch file provides.

    * log the results
    * format the output
    * send emails on failure.
    * archive old builds

Gump   is a excelent tool for nightly builds but overkill.
Over at centipede we are working on using gump for small  inter project
builds.

Paul Collins wrote:

>Hi
>
>I want to run my Ant builds scripts nightly, what is the best means to do this via a batch
file, do you just enter in the command to run the ant script in the batch file?

--
Nick Chalko                                         Show me the code.
                          Centipede