ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Plans
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:40:39 GMT

Costin Manolache wrote:
> Conor MacNeill wrote:
>

>>I don't think there should be much in the way of other major structural
>>changes in the core for this release. There will of course be continuing
>>bug fixes to core and tasks as always. I would, however, like to put a
>>fair bit of effort into trying out and testing these new features to make
>>sure they work as we want them to before committing them to a release. I
>>think there are probably a few interesting interactions we need to sort
>>out :-)
> We also need agreement and more feedback on the APIs - the PropertyHelper
> is probably the one that needs most attention.

Works for me here. We are already using a specialized property
interceptor, and it seems to work fine... except when properties are
passed down in <ant>. Intercepted ones aren't.

> Should we add a similar mechanism to IntrospectionHelper and do a similar
> change for references ( ReferenceHelper ? ) ? Project would remain with
> target management and just delegate all other functionality.

Dunno about IntrospectionHelper (could you please explain a use case?),
but I've already found a need for references.

For example I would need to use the ReferenceHelper to give a classpath
  dynamically.
In concrete, for every "cent", ie plugin, I import in Ant, I need to
define some default dirs and default classpath. The first are done with
  an interceptor, while the second I still cannot do.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

             - verba volant, scripta manent -