ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Plans
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:17:18 GMT

Conor MacNeill wrote:
[...]
> I don't think there should be much in the way of other major structural
> changes in the core for this release. There will of course be continuing
> bug fixes to core and tasks as always. I would, however, like to put a
> fair bit of effort into trying out and testing these new features to
> make sure they work as we want them to before committing them to a
> release. I think there are probably a few interesting interactions we
> need to sort out :-)

Keep in mind that Centipede is using Ant embed since months now, and we
have been tracking down bugs as they came out and asked for tweaks when
we say they were necessary (ant.file.filename property for example).

This means that Current Ant HEAD is much more tested than can be thought
of, and used for Centipede daily builds.

I'm also sure that you will find tests to track down subtle bugs,
because we cannot of course test all features extensively; just want to
remind that the code now put in HEAD is live, used and checked daily.

:-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -