ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Antlib... when?
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 23:49:35 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:

> The surprise would be why would a user (ab)use xmlns in such a construct :-)

In the long run, IMOH, we want to have polymorphism - i.e. passing new
subtypes to a task or implementations of an interface. So, while today the
namespace doesn't make much sense (since the task defines what types it will
accept), in the future, it will be necessary.

   <path>
      <foo:fileset dir="." />
   </path>

This would be a reasonable construct (once we agree on the polymorphism
aspects) to pass a new type of fileset to an existing task.

So, IMHO, namespaces should be considered at all levels, even if the first
pass may just be to cause an error.

Conor