ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Antlib... when?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 15:53:29 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Conor MacNeill wrote:
>> Christopher Lenz wrote:
>>> Every JAR in $ANT_HOME/lib would be scanned for a descriptor in
>>> META-INF (for example; be it some XML format or a properties file),
>>> and that descriptor would contain a URI that needs to be used as XML
>>> namespace URI in the build file.
>>>
>>> Hope I'm not totally off here... haven't followed much of the
>>> discussion before this thread.
>>
>> No, spot on - that is what I had in mind.
>
> I think too that this is the way, just with a change:
>
>  - Automatic antlib loads in ant.home/lib would be without namespace, as
> they are treated as "default" ones.

Not sure.

Rather than adding an additional "ext" dir to separate between the
default antlibs (i.e. the set of tasks distributed with Ant) and
external antlibs, why not have all default antlibs specify
"http://ant.apache.org/" (for example) as their namespace URI. That
would be the default namespace for buildfiles, of course.

External antlibs could still be placed in $ANT_HOME/lib, but would
specify a different namespace URI in their descriptor.

Am I missing something?

>  - Normal taskdef would be without namespace.

It'd be nice to be able to import "legacy" tasks into a namespace
specified in the <taskdef>, though. Not sure how this would work, and
it's not very important either ;-)

>  - <antlib> call would be with namespace.

Hmm.. can't parse this.. can you elaborate?

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de