ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Antlib... when?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 15:04:13 GMT

Conor MacNeill wrote:
> Christopher Lenz wrote:
>

>> Every JAR in $ANT_HOME/lib would be scanned for a descriptor in
>> META-INF (for example; be it some XML format or a properties file),
>> and that descriptor would contain a URI that needs to be used as XML
>> namespace URI in the build file.
>>
>> Hope I'm not totally off here... haven't followed much of the
>> discussion before this thread.
>>

> No, spot on - that is what I had in mind.

I think too that this is the way, just with a change:

  - Automatic antlib loads in ant.home/lib would be without namespace,
as they are treated as "default" ones.

  - Normal taskdef would be without namespace.

  - <antlib> call would be with namespace.

  - We can add a ant.home/ext dir where antlib loads *with* namespace

As for a descriptor, being a Cocoon developer, and having used xml for
so much time, I can only suggest... not to use it, simple properties
like now is just good enough, just add a namespace property as suggested
above.   :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -