ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Antlib... when?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 10:11:30 GMT

Nick Chalko wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> Any idea on when some sort of Antlib system will be setup?
>

> How is ant lib different from what krysalis does with cents
> http://krysalis.org/cents/

Basically it makes Ant load *Tasks* without having to specify the name
and class in the buildfile. This for example can be used to
automatically load the <centipede/> task that automatically does
centipede init. Currently, we have to load it by a taskdef, with
explicit taskname.

Cents are still more than a taglib, because they also carry resources
and buildfiles to be imported. They are versioned and automatically
downloaded. And access all the info about the project that Centipede
loads from the Gump descriptor.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -