ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Antlib... when?
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 23:56:34 GMT
Just for the record, I'm working on XDoclet subtasks at the moment and
refactoring the proposal/xdocs stuff and migrating it to live within
the XDoclet codebase.  This will allow third-party task writers to use
XDoclet and generate "descriptors" for their tasks/datatypes easily.
The descriptors are currently planned for documentation, but have use
for part of this discovery mechanism as well as for IDE's and other
tools that wrap Ant to learn about what the tasks/types support by
looking at the embedded descriptors.

How shall we compare notes and see if what I'm doing applies to Antlib
needs?  I'll hopefully be committing my stuff into XDoclet's CVS soon.
Its taken me a while to get it converted to the new XDoclet API and get
back into the swing of things with it, my apologies.  But I'm now
actively working on it and progress is being made by the minute.

	Erik