ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Alban Peignier" <alban.peign...@free.fr>
Subject JMX Weblogic Stop Task
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:24:28 GMT
Hello,

I need to manage a small troupe of WebLogic 6.1 clusters. Because the
whole deployement process is made via an ant script, i tried to study
the possibility to stop a weblogic cluster with a small Java program. For
the lucky people who never tried to stop a weblogic 6.1 cluster, I remind
that this operation can't be made with the Ant WLStop task because a
cluster uses one or more "managed" weblogic server which can't be stopped
directly but only through the "administration" weblogic server.
The solution is to use the "management" weblogic API (based on the JMX
API). It works when you include this code into a classic java application.
But when the same Java code is running whithin an Ant task, the Weblogic
internal classes throw a NullPointerException.
I'll contact the BEA technical support but I want to know if someone has
already experienced this kind of problem.
Contact me if you need more details.

Thanks, Alban

--- Exception Log ---
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
        weblogic.utils.classloaders.ServletClassFinder.<init>(ServletClassFinder.java:32)
       at
        weblogic.j2ee.ApplicationManager.getFinder(ApplicationManager.java:283)        at
        weblogic.j2ee.ApplicationManager.loadFromNetwork(ApplicationManager.java:261)
   at
        weblogic.j2ee.ApplicationManager.loadClass(ApplicationManager.java:194)        at
        weblogic.j2ee.ApplicationManager.loadClass(ApplicationManager.java:106)        at
        weblogic.rmi.internal.ClientRuntimeDescriptor.computeInterfaces(ClientRuntimeDescriptor.java:218)
       at
        weblogic.rmi.internal.ClientRuntimeDescriptor.intern(ClientRuntimeDescriptor.java:111)
       at
        weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.<clinit>(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:154)
       at weblogic.jndi.Environment.getContext(Environment.java:208)
        at weblogic.jndi.Environment.getInitialContext(Environment.java:191)
        at weblogic.management.Helper.getMBH(Helper.java:58)
        at weblogic.management.Helper.getAdminMBeanHome(Helper.java:28)
        at WLJMXStop.execute(WLJMXStop.java:71)
        at
        org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:166)        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:319)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1250)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)
---

--
http://www.tryphon.homeip.net/~alban