ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <Christoph.Wilhe...@impress.com>
Subject RE: [ANTidote] Introspection implemented and updated ToDo's
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:49:28 GMT
Craig!

> I like what you have done with Antidote!  The icons are
> better than the
> original, and I see that you have the tree renderer setup and working
> like you described.  Very nice!

Thanx :).

> I still think we need to look into Eric's xdocs stuff for additional
> functionality (i.e. context sensitive help, advanced icon rendering,
> more detailed descriptions, etc...).  There also might be other
> integrations that would appreciate a descriptor.

After having thought about Eriks proposal I have to agree, but in the first
step I just want to be minimumly as good as the NetBeans Integration of
Ant...

> As for Antidote if nobody has already volunteered for the following
> pieces I could pick them up.
>
> - Make the attributes aware of their type.

Basic things are already done (there is a class map in the ACSFactory you
can use!

> - implement attribute-editors for many of the types.
>   - simple types (Sring, Integer, Boolean)
>   - reference types
>   - list/custom types

Would be really nice and I'd be grateful!

> Although I have a question about the Object editor we will
> use?  Are we
> wanting to stick with the table style or do we want something more?

Yes, I kind of really like the TableStyle, because it's most flexible and
fast - so the editors should be somehow TableCellEditors...!

Regarding WebStart:

I did not really expect, that this could become a problem... We, at IMPRESS,
made the best experiences with signed Applications, even with a simple
keytool signiture... Have you tried?

I see the WebStart-Vesion as somkind of sneak-peak and demo purpose mainly,
so I to not see a big Problem if the classpath is not changable during
runtime - what do you think?

Cheers,
Chris