ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-antidote/src/lib metouia.jar optional .jar ant.jar
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:12:23 GMT
> >>What is this?
> >>
> >>Any legal problems to be expected from having it in our CVS module?
> >

> > Just a nice LookAndFeel I'd like to use.
> >
> > IIRC LGPL is compatible to the Apache License, right!?!
> We are encouraged not to put LGPL jars in CVS unless really
> necessary. Sam just deletes kunstoff.jar some days ago from
> gump CVS, just to give you an example.

Reasons? Can you give me a link to related infrmation or a discussion to
give me more information!

> > Please inform me if it isn't! I'll remove it then, because
> > it's pretty
> > optional anyways!
> I would reccomend you to use the skinl&f
> instead, which has this license and is even more configurable:
> In case, I have an aqua-plastic transparent skin I did for it
> if you want.

I do not like Skin LnF too much because it is too image-based and
pretty slow on my machine @ Home (P2-400 MHz)... Metouia is nice AND
fast... Additionally: I do not want to be blamed by Apple for using
AQUA Design on Windows or Unix ;)!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message