ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <>
Subject [ANTidote] Introspection implemented and updated ToDo's
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:35:41 GMT

I hope there is still some "ANTidote-Audience" listening ;). I've just
replaced the DTD-Defined Elements and Attributes by an Ant-Standard
introspection mechanism. Sorry, Nick, Craig and Erik: The DTD's aren't
necessary anymore IMHO. Have a look! Oh, and don't panic: I did not delete
the DTD-Stuff. It's just unused ATM.

At this point I'd like to give BIG CREDITS to Setfan. With his
IntrospectionHelper it was nearly "piece-of-cake" to implement :). GREAT
WORK! IT's one of the fastest reflection-code I've seen!

Of course this has just been a first step!

Short-run ToDos are:

- Cleanup the introspection code in ACEFactory (MY Task ;))
- Enable registring of custom tasks/jars/ etc. (I can
handle this, too)
- Make the attributes aware of their type.
- implement attribute-editors for many of the types.
  - simple types (Sring, Integer, Boolean)
  - reference types
  - list/custom types
- Dayly/Weekly builds via Gump
- Deploy a WebStart-Version of ANTidote from (Stefan, didn't
you want to contribute ;)).

I think, we get closer to a 1.0 now. I could really need some contributers
for the attribute editor implemetation... I think it'll take most of the
time - even if it's interesting enough I wont be able to manage shortly...

Feedback welcome :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message