ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Antlib... when?
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 17:01:46 GMT
On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 02:18:15AM +1100, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> Further I believe build files should make explicit the libraries/tasks they
> depend on. IMHO, we don't want to tie a build file's operation to the
> current user's config. Someone reading the build file should understand
> what libraries they need to provide in their Ant configuration to use the
> build file. It should not have to be a set of guess/try/fail cycles.

Sounds good.  It would be nice to be able to declare a dep on a certain
Ant version too, so people running Ant 1.5 scripts with Ant 1.4 get a
user-defined error.  It can probably be done as a task.  I coded up a
system like this for an Ant-based HTTP testing framework:

<uses version="0.9.14">
  <feature name="jelly"/>
  <feature name="xhtml-schema"/>
</uses>

http://aft.sourceforge.net/manual/Auxiliary%20tasks.html#N10280

An Ant equivalent of xsl:fallback would be neat too =)

--Jeff