ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: XDoclet and Ant descriptor generation
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 20:25:47 GMT
On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 03:03  PM, Bill Burton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Good to see some interest in the xdocs project again.

Glad to see you reappear too!  I was wondering where you had been.

>> But, yes, I'll happily commit such submissions from folks as we get a
>> process going and everyone is happy with the results.
>> So, who's volunteering to beef up the DVSL or get it put into some
>> other kind of presentation generation process?
>
> I'll take a look at getting the DVSL stuff working better.  You
> mentioned it was broken?

Nope, works like a charm.  We're just discussing what it takes to
display the samples that get merged in (have a look at whats generated
for <javac>, for example).

You had implemented merging of samples somehow, right?  Or am I
mistaken?

The way its working now is that the XDoclet template is picking up .xml
files from the same package directory structure as the class name its
processing and merging it in (toward the top) of the generated XML
file.  Your DVSL output is happily ignoring that information right now,
I believe, which is as designed so no problem.  Just time to take it to
the next step.

Once we get the task docs generated the way we want, I can get the
datatype descriptors generated too.  This will take some playing to
find out how we want the task documentation to refer to the datatype
docs - which may involve some changes in what gets written in the task
descriptors.  I envision a hyperlink to the datatype documentation
where appropriate, and non-datatype subelements get doc'd inline to the
task documentation.  At the moment its not going recursively through
the elements - so that will need to be added as well on the XDoclet
side of things.

	Erik