ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: XDoclet and Ant descriptor generation
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 23:33:01 GMT
On Sunday, January 5, 2003, at 04:57  PM, Nick Chalko wrote:
> Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
>> Yes it works out of the box for me. And it is convincing.
>> Now I see which javadoc comments will be important in the future.
>> You will need to tell people how to add external files to the
>> generated
>> documentation, to add examples, tips, bugs, ...
> Why not  * @antdoc.example  snippet="<foo />"
> *                               description="Generates a default bar"
>          Lets keep as much as possible in the the source file.

Because its a real pain to HTML encode all the <> symbols and its much
easier to have an external file with samples clearly formatted and
styled in HTML I believe.

XDoclet's merge points make this a no brainer as far as pulling in some
external information into the generated result, and other methods could
be used to do something similar after the XDoclet processing.

At this point, my goal is to round out the subtasks for XML/.properties
generation for datatypes.  I'm personally not planning on spending much
time on making the transformation from XML to something pretty, but I
will do whatever I can to get the data out of Ant's .java files into
the generated descriptors.  I'm looking for others to jump in and
extend what I've done.  There are folks that are much more adept at
twisting, bending, and morphing XML into all sorts of other things -
have at it!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message