ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <levylamb...@tiscali-dsl.de>
Subject Re: SSH Tasks
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:33:11 GMT
I do not understand why we have problems with GNU Licenses, and at the same
time, we have for instance Visual Age tasks in ant.
Is there any agreement between IBM and the Apache Software Foundation,
allowing the ASF to distribute code which uses the Visual Age API ? Is the
ant license "contaminated" by the commercial license of Visual Age ?
Concerning the SSH task, we need to find a supporting Java library
containing SSH client functionality, on which we can base an ant ssh task.
The ssh library itself does not have to be included in the ant distribution,
leaving it to the users of ant to cope with downloading the ssh library from
SourceForge and putting it under $ANT_HOME/lib on their machines.

Antoine

Here is a message from Lee David Painter, one of the authors of the J2SSH
library

>>Hi Antoine,

>>We would welcome the use of our J2SSH library in an SSH ant task. We
cannot
>>however change our license, as a great deal of time was spent evaluating
the
>>benefits of each open source license and it has been decided that the
Lesser