ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about "external" tasks
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 22:45:36 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dale Anson" <danson@germane-software.com>
> I have written a variety of custom ant tasks. How does one go about
> submitting such things to be included in the optional.jar or if deemed
> suitable, into ant.jar?

As you know we tend now to be very picky about what we put into optional so
that it does not become a kitchen sink and that original authors wash their
hand about the support and maintenance...especially when these tasks are
related to commercial products where they are free to do whatever change
they want and we pay the price about backward compatibility...(I did the
mistake myself for writing such tasks so shoot me first).
Anyway so it is assumed that antlib will improve that as pluggability will
be a snap so people will have a tendancy to keep the code with their product
rather than giving us the baby.

For other tasks, well, you have to lobby here, attach code, documentation
(and dont forget xdoclet doc to help erik...) and testcases in bugzilla. And
bug us (wont be part of 'us' in a few days ;) about putting that in until
you dont have a satisfactory reply.

I think I wrote it all.

Cheers,

Stephane